It's MegAnn here, and this is my blog. I will share about my family life, love life, and just my everyday life. I am a very outgoing, and friendly girl that enjoys trying new things. I enjoy to travel and cooking.

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Dad's Birthday Weekend!

I know I am like 2 weeks late. But better late then never.

So Wednesday morning I got up early and took off. I am was on the road by 6:30 AM!!! Early, early for me. It looked liked I was moving up there, because I took so much up there. As I was pulling into the Farmington area, I saw how pretty the La Plata mountains looked. Its crazy to me that since I have left, how pretty that area really it.




If any one knows me, they know that I dont like the fall. But driving up to there I was grateful that I could see the colors change. It made me a little excited about fall this year.

On my way up there I decided that Utah likes to just redo roads that they just redid.

When I got up there, We had some dinner and then walked down to Wal-mart to get stuff to make daddy's birthday cake.






On Thursday, it was  my daddy's birthday. So he got to do anything he wanted. We made him "Birthday Breakfast". He got his favorite breakfast. Sausage, biscuits and gravy. Then I made his birthday cake. We went on a hike up the mountain. It was so pretty. We crossed the bridge over the stream. We got to see a beautiful waterfall. Seeing all the colors up close was so pretty!!!














After our hike we went to CRAVINGS. It is a sandwich place that is TO DIE FOR!!!!! Really good Gluten free sandwiches, and on Thursday they have GF Mac'n cheese. SO GOOD!!!! I'm telling you, this place so so good!!!!



We went to the Bean Museum at BYU. Dad loves this place.








That night we had Pizza and cake. Then just a massage for dad and TV time watching time.

Friday we went up to SLC because I wanted to go to the Potter house. He is a potter, and author. My parents read the books that he wrote. His shop was so cool. It was fun to look at all the things he made. He put some clay on the wheel and let us watch him a make a vase. I would like to take a class now. Maybe in January...




After we went to Wingers to eat some lunch. Its one place I really enjoy going to. After we went to temple square to see the movie at the Legacy theater. It was about the story of Joseph Smith, and the start of the church. Its a really good movie. Then we walked around on the grounds, and then headed back home for dinner.








That night I had a dear friend come visit. She was a Sister missionary that I was close to when she was on my Branch. It was so good to see her. and to catch up on all things from the branch.

Saturday Morning we got up and mom and I went shopping. We needed to get some stuff, and Christmas shopping. It was nice to just have mommy and me time. I really have missed her so much. So it was nice. After shopping we went back to the house, and I got ready to give a couple of massages. Right after the massages, I went to meet the people that meant so much to me in college. It was so good to se all of them. Two out of the four of us are married with kids. But these people were my support and I love them all SO DEARLY!!!!!! It was so nice to see them and catch up. It wasn't for that long but it was worth it. I miss them dearly!

Sunday, I got up and went to church with my parents, and then I needed to head home. It is a 9 hour trip. When I got to Farmington I took the time to go to my friends house and celebrate her sons first birthday. It was nice to see her and her little cute family. Then it was off to home I went.

This was a great trip. Great memories were made, and time shared with my parents. I am so grateful that I got to spend time with them, and I got to see friends. There are still people that I wanted to see but didnt get the chance to see. Maybe when I come for Christmas.



No comments:

Post a Comment