It's MegAnn here, and this is my blog. I will share about my family life, love life, and just my everyday life. I am a very outgoing, and friendly girl that enjoys trying new things. I enjoy to travel and cooking.

Sunday, November 23, 2014

Last weekend of freedom...

... Before I go back to kohls for the season. 

I had expressed that I had wanted to ride the train up to Santa Fe. I have been here 3 years and still hadn't done that. Thursday Ryan and I decided to go. I wanted to do something fun before going back to work at kohls. We wouldn't be able to see each other that much once I start working again. So on Friday at work I was looking into the train, how far the plaza was from the train station, and everything. We got on the train on 8:30 am and off to Santa Fe we go. 
It was fun to be able to sit back, talk, and look out the window without any worries. When we got to the depo we walked around the plaza for a couple good hours. We had lunch at 'The Rooftop', gluten free pizza and a warm seat inside for us. It was a little chilly. We walked in stores that had some really cool stuff, but clearly were out of anyone's prize range PEIROD! We saw vest for $500, cowgirl boots for $1000+ jewlery that was worth more then a house. It was crazy, but we had a lot of fun! 
 
We only got one picture at the plaza. This was in front of one of the church's right outside the plaza. Being at the plaza, going in the church, it all reminded me of being in Israel. The church where they believe Christ was born, the street venders, the crispness of the air. Makes me want to go back so bad. We didn't buy anything because well I'm cheap and I don't want to spend $30 on something I could get in Albuquerque for $10.  (Thanks for teaching me to be cheap dad)

It was time to head back to the station, cuz we were both tired of walking and we didn't want to wait till 8:30 to head home. 
We did buy some a game for the way home. An hour and half of being in the train, we thought why not have some fun. 
It was a great way to spend my last free Saturday till the 3rd of January. I would so do this again! 


Now I am thinking about riding the train to Disneyland, in the middle of the night.... Anyone ever done it??????

1 comment: