It's MegAnn here, and this is my blog. I will share about my family life, love life, and just my everyday life. I am a very outgoing, and friendly girl that enjoys trying new things. I enjoy to travel and cooking.

Monday, December 8, 2014

Thanksgiving Break

Yes I am about 2 week late but I thought it would be better to put something up late then not at all.

Monday I went into work for just a couple of hours. I took Tuesday off and cleaned crushes tank, cleaned the house, went to the store, and made dinner for my parents. BEST MAC AND CHEESE EVER!!!!

*Side Bar* Crush was in his little holder while I was cleaning, it has a lid and he doesnt like it. SOMEHOW he got the lid off and was about to get out of the contaner when I walked into the room. He was fighting me to be put back in and the lid on. He was a fighting monster that day. Funny and scary all at the same time.

*BEST MAC AND CHEESE IN THE WORLD*


Shells & Cheese (with Bacon & Peas)

Prep Time:
 
 
Cook Time:
 
 
Difficulty:
 Easy
 
Servings:
 6

Ingredients

  • 12 ounces, weight Small Or Medium Pasta Shells
  • 2 cups 2% Milk
  • 1 Tablespoon Butter
  • 8 ounces, weight Velveeta, Cut Into Cubes (I Actually Used About 10-12 Ounces!)
  • 2 cups Grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese (more To Taste!)
  • 1/4 teaspoon Seasoned Salt, More To Taste
  • 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
  • 1/2 cup Frozen Peas (more To Taste)
  • 8 slices Thin Bacon, Fried Crisp And Chopped

Preparation Instructions

Cook pasta according to package instructions for al dente (do not overcook). Drain and set aside.
In a large pot heat the milk and butter over medium-low heat. Turn off the heat, then add Velveeta and stir until completely smooth and melted. Stir in the grated cheddar, then add seasoned salt and pepper. Stir until combined, then taste it and add more seasonings if needed.
Add cooked pasta and stir until coated. It will be soupy and saucy, but will thicken slowly.
If desired, stir in frozen peas (they will thaw) and bacon. Serve immediately.

This is the Real Recipe but I dont like Peas, and I did a New Mexican Mix. I used Mexican Velveeta, and SO MUCH GREEN CHILI!!! 

HEAVEN IN A BOWL!!!!! 
(I am putting this on here more for me then for you guys! I just dont ever want to loose this recipe its THAT good!!!!)

Mom and Dad got in and we ate, and then the best thing ever happened! I PUT MY CHRISTMAS TREE UP!!!!


 Then it was bed time. I mean they had been traveling all day long.
On Wednesday, Got ready, went to Hobby Lobby to get Christmas decorations, met Ryan to have dinner with him and Matt. Then the 4 of us, mom, dad, Ryan and I went back to my place and played games. We are game playing fools. 
Thursday the day of thanksgiving. A day spent with loved ones. a day you give thanks for things you have in your life. 
We decided to get a cooked meal from Crackle Barrel. My house is WAY to small to cook a Turkey dinner. So someone else cooked it for us. All I had to do was the olives, and celeray and cheese. MMMMM Trudition!!! After we went to Matt's and ate and payed MORE games, I went down to Ryan's house to spend time with his family. We played games down there and then Ryan and I had a a nice drive, and talk, and oh course Hot Chocolate. I love me some Hot Coco and he knows I do, so he gets it for me all the time. 
The next day I needed to get some black pants for work. So we went to Wecks for 'Brunch" and then off the the crazy busy mall. I needed to get some black pants. So we just shopped around and hung out. I had to hurry home, make food and then off to Kohl's. 

Black Friday=busy craziness! 

Just kidding! IT WAS SLOW!!!! I was bored. We got out at 12:30 AM instead of 1AM

Saturday I got to sleep in a little. Ryan and I took my parents to Trader Joes, and then we went bowling. Mom had the best game she has ever bowled. We did 3 games, and just had fun! 

We had dinner with Matt and Eliska at the house. I had told mom I really wanted swiss Steak. So she made some for me. Then I was off to work again. 

Sunday mom and dad got up early and drove to FArmington so they could go to their ward and see people that they missed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment