It's MegAnn here, and this is my blog. I will share about my family life, love life, and just my everyday life. I am a very outgoing, and friendly girl that enjoys trying new things. I enjoy to travel and cooking.

Friday, January 16, 2015

Christmas time in the (Salt Lake) City!


Well Christmas has come and gone and it seemed to just fly by this year. Maybe it was the working 2 jobs, and making presents for other people. I got to help build an ottoman, a frame for a mirror, and candied walnuts.
This holiday season I am still at the school, but then started again at Kohl's. It was hard working 35 hours at the school and then between 18-24 hours at Kohl's and staying till 12:30 at night. I think that the hardest part of working that many hours is that by the time I get home from Kohl's I cant fall asleep right away and so I just fall asleep closer to 2AM and so the next day I am just dead tired. I got the chance to fly to SLC and spend the week with my parents in Utah.

It was a good week. Tuesday I flew in at about 8. Mom and dad picked me up and we went to eat and then heading home. We made some pies, and cookies. We just hung out and had fun.
Wednesday was Christmas eve. So we got up and got ready. As mom and I were hanging out and just chillin, we realized we had the same shirt on.

Thursday was Christmas. MERRY CHRISTMAS!We woke up to snow. I had to wait for my parents to wake up and then we read scriptures and then we went out to the living room and opened gifts. Grandma and grandpa came down to watch us open our gifts. It was small Christmas but it was a great morning. Then we went up stairs to open up their gifts. I helped Grandpa with his new iPad. Then we had breakfast. We watched a movie and just hung out. Didn't really have to do anything. It is my grandma's birthday as well and so we celebrated both. We made cupcakes for grandma, and put them in the shape of 85 for her cake. Family came over and we just had fun.


Friday I wanted to go to Target and get a shirt for the outfit I had gotten for Christmas. I also wanted to get a new phone, because mine was just worthless and when you would call it just didnt go through. We then went and got ready for Grandmas big birthday party. We had to move the party because Grandmas oldest sister has passed away and the funeral was on Saturday. So we had to move it. It all worked out.  It was fun to see all the family, and to see the video about Grandma's life.

Saturday we left a little early so that Mom, Dad and I went to the Draper temple. The last time I went to this temple was when I was pregnant with Jaden. On December 29th the Partridge family was sealed in this temple 5 years ago. So I wanted to visit to the temple. It was so cold and there was snow everywhere. We got to go in the waiting room. There was a room off the side that was oopen and so it was just my parents and I went in there. It was such a great experence to be in the temple with my parents, and to feel the spirit, and get to know that the choice I made was the right one. There is an eternal family because of the choice I made. It was just a great experence.


We then went to the funeral. My parents and I went to Wingers and then up to the Ogden Temple. It was freezing but it was so pretty to see this new temple.


Then we headed home. My dear friend Christy Mikalla came to see me. It has been so long since I have gotten to see her. She is such an amazing girl.

Sunday we got up and went to church. Then we went home and eat lunch and got ready for me to go to the airport. I was sad to be leaving. I am grateful that I got to spend time with my parents. I love them so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment