It's MegAnn here, and this is my blog. I will share about my family life, love life, and just my everyday life. I am a very outgoing, and friendly girl that enjoys trying new things. I enjoy to travel and cooking.

Saturday, February 7, 2015

I can do all things...

PSo I read this blog post from Al (Fox) Carraway. She talked about how she felt after her baptism, had moved to Utah because that's what Heavenly Father wanted her to do. She had faith to do what he wanted. She talks about how she felt seeing others getting married, and her not getting a date at all. How down she felt but then she focused on her relationship with Heavenly Father.  

Some have asked about how I am doing with the break up with Ryan. To be honest it's been hard. It's been rough to be 'alone' again. He was one of my best friends. When we first started talking again, I was worried about if he was the one for me.
Was I good enough for him? 
Would he really expect me for who I am?
How is he going to do with my past? 
Was he going to be able to be the person I needed him to be?

As soon as we started dating he became my biggest supporter, my rock, my best friend, I wanted to become a better person for him. As I spent time with my best friend I fell in love with him. But as time went on the spirit told me he wasn't the one for me BUT I needed to learn something from him. I learned a lot from him. 
I learned what love really means. 
I learned what it was to give up things that you really want for the other person. 
I learned what it is I truly want in a relationship. 
I learned what it is I need to work on for my future husband. 
I learned what it means to be in a grown up relationship with talking and all. 

Now that we have gone our separate ways, I find myself thinking about what I need to do now to prepare myself for my future. Not just my future husband but my future children, callings in the church, the last days of being single and my future self. Mainly my future self. Al talked bout who was the most important person in my life. If you had asked me 3 months ago I would have said Ryan hands down. Now that I think bout it and have become more close to my Heavenly Father, and striving to be the better me, he is the most important person in my life. Yes my parents or close friends are important to me as well but Heavenly Father is becoming so important to me. He is becoming my best friend, my rock, my best friend, and my BIGGEST supporter! 

Yes I am 27 years old, single and no guy in sight. But I am not worried, I'm not lowering my standards and not giving up hope on my future. 

I can do all things with my Heavenly Father! 

No comments:

Post a Comment