It's MegAnn here, and this is my blog. I will share about my family life, love life, and just my everyday life. I am a very outgoing, and friendly girl that enjoys trying new things. I enjoy to travel and cooking.

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Last day at school...

The last day of school has broughten mixed feelings this year. As most of you know I work with behavioral students. So these kids have emotional, mental, anger, problems. These kids have gone through more then most people will ever go through in 3 life times.

I was with the same teacher as I was last year. Mr L. He is such an amazing teacher. He tries so hard to teach these boys something new everyday, If it with reading, or writing, Science, Math or even basic Social Skills. (Yes we have to teach our kids how to ask if they can play with someone rather then just walking up to them, and saying you’ll play with me or I’ll beat you up.) He tries to make it where these kids can come to a place where they know that nothing is going to change. He is a wonderful teacher and I am so excited that he will be moving onto bigger and better things.

We started out the school year with 4 children. 2 of these kids ended the year with us. The other 2 were either in the Hospital or in another class. (Most all of our child's have been in the hospital for long periods of time.)

We ended the year with 3 students.

M: He is a 3rd grader, He is into anything to do with guns, or zombies or star wars. He enjoys kicking a ball around at recess, swinging, iReady math on the computer. He is a funny kid. He has such an imagination that he can play alone all day pretending that he is fighting someone and winning the whole time. He is a sweet kid but also has this attitude that makes you not want to laugh, He will be coming back to the PACES program next year so I will get to see him.

F: He is a 4th grader. He likes football, wrestling, gymnastics, any sports really. He was having a hard year this year. He has a temper, and he is a strong little boy. This little boy has gone through so much. The stories I’ve heard are just so hard to listen. We have this connection. When he is mad at mom, he is also mad at me. He has so many emotions and so its hard to know what will send him through the roof, or will it help him. He was just baptized a member of the church and I couldn’t be happier for him and his mom.  He is also coming back to the PACES next year.

R: is a 4th grader, he is into sports. Any kind or sports. He loves the NY Giants and he wont be afraid to tell you that your team sucks. And his rules. He is a smart kid,. He has had a really hard life. We have to know the background and it would just break my heart having to hear about it. He has a temper as well. He has broken so many desks, chairs, and even my laptop. He and I have a funny relationship. One min he is happy with me and tells me that he loves me and I am his favorite person, and then the next he hates me and I am the worse person in the world. Its hard but him and I have a connection. He is such a sweet kid when he was happy with me. He became my best friend. He would always ask me about the guy I was dating, if they were treating me good, and if he was the one or was I going to break up with him. This is the last year he was going to be here. He is going back to grandma on the  reservation. It’s a huge thing for him to get to go back home. I am so proud of him for working so hard for this. He is simply amazing and strong.  So proud to have him in my life .




When I was applying to become an EA, I was wanting to be one for a special needs class. HF told me to apply for this job. So I did and then got the job. At first I didn’t know why I was giving this opportunity to work with these boys, I still don’t know the whole reason for me being with them, but I do feel like that I need to be apart of their lives, they needed me to play a part in their lives. I loved these boys so much! We have our hard times. We have had our ups and downs. But the love I have for these boys is so deep.  I am so grateful that I could work with these boys. They will always have a special place in my heart.

1 comment:

  1. You were amazing with those kids! I don't know too many others that could do what you did in such a loving manner. Great job!

    ReplyDelete